G has always had an oral fixation. And although, I am not a fan of the pacifier, he loved it from day one. Now that we are working on day number 733, I am over it. He is not. We have been slowly removing it from his access. He doesn't get it at school. He usually doesn't have it while playing at home. Usually just the car and night time, and life as we know it ENDS if he doesn't have it then. I have refused to buy any more. As they break or disappear (some by choice), I am not replacing them. But now... we are down to one bebe. I am worried. Can I break him of the bebe before this one goes on the lam? Can he make it through the night without it? Can I? what do I do? I don't want to give in, but I also want to sleep tonight.
On another note, a friend of mine... we shall call her C, has had a terrible day today. I feel so badly for her. I had a terrible day yesterday, so I totally understand. Wipe your tears, and your nose, and remember that your friends are here for you, honey!
Unchurching The Church.
9 months ago
Hugs to C.
ReplyDeleteAnd, as for the Bebe...Cole was 2.5ish - we were down to one paci for the last 2 months...and it got all nasty, and he chewed a little on it - and it got a hole in the end of it. He told me (on Christmas Eve, no less, in AL at the ILs) "My paci - BROKEN!" I told him if it was broken, he needed to go throw it in the trash. He did.
He asked for it at bedtime, and I reminded him it was broken, he threw it away himself. "Oh yeah." Never asked again. Voila! Go figure - and I lost sleep for MONTHS before that worrying about how to take it away. Wasted time. Good luck. i still remember being in Gulf Shores (pre-kiddos for BOTH of us) and you telling your mom that your kids would NEVER use a paci. (And I said mine would never have dirty faces or snotty noses, but they both went to bed with both tonight!!!) Funny, eh?