Every once in awhile, I see or hear some interaction between D and G that makes me just well up with joy. It would probably occur more often if I took more time to appreciate the small things more that my schedule or the laundry and so on.... But anyway, today I was holding a small container of goldfish and G wanted some. D was holding G, and rather than just dump him in my lap, he leaned in to get him closer to the container. G was too cranky to get some himself, so daddy reached out to grab a few. I (lightly) snapped the lid on D's fingers. He made a big, exaggerated yelp and yanked his fingers away. G laughed hysterically. D did it again, more exaggerated this time. G laughed a big belly laugh ending in an 'oh.' Over and over, at least ten or twelve times. Even got G to try a couple of times. So sweet. Those are the moments that I realize how lucky I am that D is such a good daddy. There are plenty of terrible daddies in the world and plenty of mediocre ones too. But I have got a winner.
Later, when D was giving G a bath, I could hear more laughing and a plea for "more bubbles, daddy!" in that sweet toddler babble. More welling up for me. Love every minute and live every minute. They only happen once in a lifetime.
Love it. Daddies are the best. I'm so glad Grady got a good one (for all of you!!!).
ReplyDeleteMucho love.